Resources by Category
- Transportation Staff in Regional Offices of U.S. Administration on Aging with contact information (PDF) (15 KB)
- The Older Americans Act Amendments (OAA)
The Congressional Research Service has prepared a 47-page summary of the recently reauthorized Older Americans Act.
- The Older Americans Act Amendments (OAA) Fact Sheet (PDF) (108 KB)
- State Unit on Aging Plans (PDF)(65 KB)
Every state unit on aging is required to submit a plan, usually for two-years, to the U.S. Administration on Aging. Many state units on aging also are required to submit a plan to the state government for their state-funded activities. State units on aging often also prepare a variety of other plans, e.g., strategic plans, SCSEP (Senior Community Service Senior Employment Program) plans. Most state units place their plans on the website, but some do not, and a few do not have websites. CTAA has prepared a list of every state unit on aging with the URL for state plans when available or the general URL as a source for information including contacts or the e-mail address for the state unit contact.
- Resource for using Older Americans Act funds to satisfy the 20 percent matching requirements of Sections 5310, 5311 and 5317: The U.S. Office on Aging provides a detailed and clearly written Faqs document to facilitate the process of using of Older Americans Act funds to match FTA funds. This document includes a list of the conditions that must be met if OAA funds are to be used. For information about matching procedures for OAA funds including a list of conditions that must be met if OAA funds are to be used to match FTA funds, see the U.S. Administration on Aging's website, or con-tact your Regional AoA office.