Table of Contents
With select articles linked in PDF
- Editorial: The Price of Freedom is Always High?
- Squeezing the Soul out of the ADA
The full accessibility of public transportation remains a mirage. Somehow, the spirit of the act has been obscured by both financial realities and inadequate oversight.
- The Future of Transit is Brewing, What Flavor of TEA Would You Like?
Without question, the hottest transportation topic in Washington, D.C. is ISTEA reauthorization. This update looks at several possibilities and analyzes current issues.
- 50 Programs for 50 States
A capsulized look at the welfare reform legislation passed into law last summer.
- Transportation Driving Michigan Welfare Reforms
Michigan welfare recipients are getting a lift to self-sufficiency. As part of the state's Project Zero, the state DOT is joining forces with several other agencies to remove transportation as a barrier to employment.
- Eyeing the Section 18(i) Set-Aside
Since its inception, the Section 18(i) intercity transportation program has spurred heated debate. Is it a valuable program, or stealing from already underfunded rural transit funding?
Essential Customer Service: It's What Separates Community Transportation