Every year, one of the highlights of the Community Transportation EXPO is the awards ceremony where we recognize the remarkable work done by community transportation by honoring transportation systems and managers for their commitment to their community, novel approaches, innovative concepts and creative solutions. We're sure that you know of such individuals and systems -- so please take a little bit of your time and nominate them!
We are seeking nominations for:
- Small or Large Urban Community Transportation Systems
- Rural Community Transportation Systems
- State Agencies and Associations
The Community Transportation Association Awards are given every year in a number of categories.
Urban Community Transportation System of the Year
This award is given to a system which provides service in an urban area of more than 50,000 population, is based on innovative and creative services in the community, is responsive to its customers' and community needs, among other criteria.
Rural Community Transportation System of the Year
This award has the same criteria as the Urban award, but provides service in areas of less than 50,000 population.
Community Transportation Manager of the Year
This award honors a community transportation leader for displaying leadership while providing transportation service that is integral to the community and creating a vision for the system that has the support from both within and outside the organization.
State Agency or Association of the Year
This award recognizes an entire state organization for providing creative, effective and continuing training and technical assistance programs, using new concepts, strategies, procedures and policies to provide support to local transit systems, and more.
Community Transportation Roadeo
Roadeo Awards showcase the best drivers in body on chassis and van vehicles and are held at the start of every EXPO.
2016 Roadeo Winners
- BOC Winner: Wade Hancock, CARTS, Cullman, Ala.
- Otis Reed, Jr. Driver of the Year: Robin Smith, City of Harrisonburg, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Van Winner: Robin Smith, City of Harrisonburg, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Rookie of the Year: Robin Smith, City of Harrisonburg, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Complete Results: 2016 Roadeo Results (PDF)