Insurance and Self-Insurance Funds
The Capital Fund includes financing for:
- Transportation and Railway Facilities Financing
- Multimodal Facilities Financing
- Community Centers, Health and Human Services and Co-Location Financing
- Vehicle Financing
- Local Share Financing for Federal Grants and Contracts
- SmartWay Clean Diesel Truck Financing Brochure and Application (PDF)(323)
The Business Operating Fund includes financing for:
Community Development Transportation Lending Services (CDTLS, the Fund), is pleased to present this low-interest borrowing opportunity to public, nonprofit or private transportation businesses that provide transportation or transportation-related services. We can lend significant funds at very low and negotiable interest rates to assist in developing self-insurance pools or for short term insurance premium coverage. CDTLS can lend you the affordable financing that will make your company a success.
- nonprofit, public or private transportation providers and transportation businesses
- Self-Insurance Funds
- Short Term Insurance Premium Coverage
- repayment terms and length of loans vary by project
- a one-time service charge is levied at loan closing to cover program costs
- interest rates are negotiable, depending on type of collateral/loan term
- loans must be fully secured
Examples of Approved CTAA Loans:
- Advance Transit in Wilder, Vt. used a $150,000 loan as a federal/state local match for funds to construct a state-of-the-art maintenance office and vehicle storage facility for its fleet of small buses and paratransit vehicles.
- The Havre Day Activity Center in Montana purchased a vehicle maintenance facility with a five year, $65,000 CTAA loan.
- SEVCA Transportation in Vermont used a $55,000 CTDF loan as a local match to replace its aging fleet of vans and small buses.
- Buckeye Charter Services, Inc., in Lima, Ohio borrowed $112,000 from CTAA to purchase a refurbished 47 passenger MCI coach to expand its charter and employment transportation services.
- A $150,000 loan to the Aaron B. Henry Community Health Services Center in Clarksdale, Miss. as a local match for facility/office building renovation and service expansion.
Preliminary Loan Application (Word Document)(31 KB)
Community Development Transportation Lending Services
1341 G. Street, NW, 10th floor
Washington, D. C., 20005
Toll-Free: 800-891-0590, ext. 710