This two-day conference focused on the role of transit and transportation providers in the event of natural or man-made disaster. Topics included planning, lessons learned, coordination, agreements, training and recovery. Leaders in the field of transportation and emergency planning joined transit professionals who have experienced disaster evacuation and operations. The conference provided useful tools, information and resources for participants to use in their communities.
The conference was ideal for any transit system manager and board member; state and local government and elected officials; state and local human service organization representatives; state transit associations; and many others.
- Kevin Coggin, Executive Director, Coast Transit Authority, Gulfport, Miss. (PDF)(697 KB)
- Community Transport in Australia: Our Role in Disaster Relief (PDF)(617 KB)
- Rochelle Ferguson, First Transit, Palmetto Breeze, Charleston, S.C. (PDF)(1.94 MB)
- Alane Haynes, Accessible Services Administrator, North County Transit District, Oceanside, Calif. (PDF)(732 KB)
- Richard Devylder, Special Advisor to the Director, Office on Access and Functional Needs, Governor of California's Office of Emergency Services (PDF)(469 KB)
- Gary Gleason, General Manager of the Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District (SBMTD) (PDF)(569 KB)
- John A. Sorrell, Manager, Wiregrass Transit Authority, Dothan, Ala. (PDF)(1.96 MB)
- Beverly G. Ward, MPA, Ph. D., Coordination & UWR Ambassador (PDF)(1.07 MB)
- Ginger Ammon